Truly Experience Wining and Dining Like a Local
So much food and so little time. Queenstown can be defined not only by its adventurous activities but just as much by its café, craft beer, wine, and food culture. There is literally a melting pot of flavours and eating options on offer with fine wines and home-made brews to match.
From food trucks and street markets to fine dining – there is much to choose from. You’ll find lists detailing ‘the 10 best restaurants in Queenstown’, or ’10 must eats’ or ‘Top places to wine and dine’ There is a multitude of information out there. Being a Queenstown local and having traveled extensively throughout the world I can tell you this –food can be dressed up to look great, be served with flourish and for a short time you can appreciate the taste, but really, dining in Queenstown should be an experience…. every moment of the dining experience a memory-making imprint.
With this in mind, we’ve created a much different list of suggestions for you:
- Grab a Joe’s Stick from Joes Garage and hike Ben Lomand and take a moment to enjoy good food with a spectacular view (sunrise is always an amazing choice too).
- Why queue up for a burger when you can enjoy the best fish ‘n’ chips in Queenstown from Erik’s food truck and sit on the beach at Queenstown Bay and bask in the setting sun.
- Sip on a signature rosé from Amisfield Winery, drunk under an umbrella in the mid-day sun in the courtyard outback.
Share an exceptionally generous platter of local cuisine in front of a roaring fire at the Gibbston Tavern.
- Breakfast in Arrowtown is an absolute must – arrive in enough time to enjoy mushrooms on toast at the cute, renovated cottage of Provisions
- And for a great long lunch, dine with friends at Akarua Wines (indoor during winter but outdoors in the garden) – try the salmon fished from local glacial feed rivers – AMAZING!
- Great food, great wine, great friends, a memorable location, and an experience in time makes wining and dining in Queenstown a truly memorable experience.
- Madam Woo’s – Start lunch and let the day bleed into the night as you share amazing Asian fusion dishes while absorbing the unique Queenstown nightlife on the Mall. Best shared with a group of friends or family and order to
Craft Beer tasting, with the local pate and crispy farmhouse bread at the Fork & Tap – listening to local music in the beer garden!
And remember there are wine tours and beer tours which we can help organise for you. Just let us know!
Photo Credit – Destination Queenstown